It’s tightening up at top of Norfolk CIBA Bowls League after Acle A’s defeat
- Credit: Archant
There are only three points separating six teams at the top of Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League following last weekend's matches.
Acle A remain top of the table despite losing their unbeaten record with an 80 shots to 64 defeat at Norfolk BC A, Wayne Willgress's rink top scoring 25-15. County Arts A move into second place after they won at home to Shotford A by 92 shots to 82, Philip Barr's rink winning 35-15.
Lynnsport A also lost their unbeaten record away to Beccles by 98 shots to 70, David Wood's rink for the home team winning 28-13. Gallow A won away at Acle B by 89 shots to 85, Richard Mason's rink winning 32-18.
Pentney A stay top of Division Two after they won at home to Diss A by 77 shots to 71, Keith Brand's rink winning 28-11. Roundwood A won away at Lowestoft Rail by 99 shots to 59 to move into second place, John Hipperson's rink top scoring 26-12.
Wymondham A won away at Browston A by 84 shots to 72, Gary Goodrum's rink winning 25-11, whilst Woodlands A and Hunstanton fought out an 69 shots apiece draw, with the away rink skipped by Colin Bunn winning 21-15.
You may also want to watch:
The only game in Division Three saw Norfolk BC B consolidate their position at the top of the table with a win at North Walsham by 80 shots to 78, John Slaughter's rink winning 32-9.
Lynnsport B are now top of Division Four after they won at home to Browston B by 90 shots to 56, David Bailey's rink top scoring 24-12.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
Roundwood B are still top of Division Five after they won at home to Norfolk BC C by 121 shots to 38, Brian Deakins rink winning 41-6.
In the second round of the National Over 60 Inter-County Knock-Out, Norfolk CIBA beat Cambridgeshire CIBA by 129 shots to 90. They will now play Northamptonshire CIBA in the quarter-finals on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Rink scores: Andy Sayer, Bernie Wymer, David Perry & Roger Branbrook won 24-7; Phil Long, Keith Whitehead, Ivan Borrett & Charlie Boon won 25-17; Clive Derry, Malcolm Nicholson, Bryan Sadler & Brian Taylor lost 17-23; Rocky Lewis, Roger Saxon, Vic Moore & Mike King won 30-16; John Colcombe, Geoff Ramsbottom, John Ottaway & Tony Dunton won 18-12; Malcolm French, Garry Oakley, Gary Goodrum & Peter Hurren drew 15-15.