Norfolk boxer Scott Moises ready for a crack at Hull Olympian Luke Campbell
- Credit: ©stillfocused.co.uk Jerry D
Norfolk boxer Scott Moises is to take on one of the biggest success stories from the London Olympic Games.
The 26-year-old from Aylsham – nicknamed the Iron Duck – will take on Luke Campbell at the Ice Arena in Hull on February 22.
It's a trip into the Olympic bantamweight gold medallist's back yard, but trainer Graham Everett says nothing will faze Moises and his growing band of young fans.
Moises has famously overcome leukaemia to fight professionally and has become an inspirational figure for many young people suffering from illness.
'He gets lots of visitors to the gym,' said Everett.
You may also want to watch:
'Recently the British Board of Control brought down a young lad to meet him – he inspires them and shows them what they can do in their personal fights.'
But while Moises carries hope on his shoulders, it is strictly business in the ring – and the challenges don't come much bigger than Campbell.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
'It is a huge fight for Scott, the biggest challenge of his boxing career,' said Everett.
'But while he will be a big underdog, Campbell (pictured right) will know he has been in a fight – and who knows what will happen?
'Scott has pushed some top lads all the way and I don't think this will be any different.'
Promoter Eddie Hearn saw Moises push Bradley Mitchell all the way before losing by the narrowest of margins in a Southern Area super-featherweight title clash in September and knows the Norfolk man can cause problems for Campbell.
'Scott has 81 professional rounds in the bank and will provide a stiff examination of where Luke is at,' he said.
Tickets for next month's massive fight in Humberside are available by calling 07707 381906.