Norfolk BC A go top of Division One in Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League after Acle victory
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Norfolk BC A have moved to the top of Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League, sponsored by Granite Transformations.
They won away at Acle A by 78 shots to 74, the rink skipped by Wayne Willgress winning 29-16.
Gallow A have moved up to third place in the table after they won away at Pentney A by 80 shots to 58, top rink honours being shared by the Gallow rinks skipped by Shaun Savory (22-12) and Richard Mason (19-9).
Lynnsport A won at home to Acle B by 93 shots to 65, Michael Rowbotham's rink winning 23-14.
The only game in Division Two saw Diss A move further clear of the relegation zone after they won at home to Browston A by 88 shots to 71, Maurice Hurry's rink winning 42-14.
Roundwood A have moved nine points clear at the top of Division Three (North) after they won at home to Lynnsport B by 100 shots to 56, John Hipperson's rink winning 28-13.
Pinewood Park B moved up to third place following their win at home to County Arts C by 91 shots to 75, top rink skipped by Richard Langrick with a 29-12 score.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 3 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 4 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 5 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 6 Bid to build five industrial units in Norfolk village
- 7 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 New poo transplant facility coming to Norwich after £500k funding boost
- 10 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
Gallow B beat Pentney B at home by 125 shots to 59 with the rink skipped by Stan Sole winning 38-11.
Norfolk BC B remain on course for promotion from Division Three (South) after they won at home to Acle C by 97 shots to 55, Keith Potter's rink winning 31-14.
County Arts B won away at Wymondham C by 94 shots to 56, their rink skipped by Keith Edgar winning 31-11.
In the Denny Plate semi-final County Arts were beaten by Darlington 74-69. Darlington now go on to play Essex County in this year's final.
Norfolk CIBA clinched this season's Eastern Counties League with a win over Essex CIBA by 81 shots to 67.