Norfolk’s best to battle it out at track and field championships
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Norfolk track and field championships take place at the UEA Sportspark this weekend.
There is a packed programme of events on both days, with the action starting at 10am tomorrow.
One of the highlights should be in the women's shot put competition where Norfolk's Commonwealth Games representative, Sophie McKinna will take part.
In the under 20 long jump, Wesley Matsuka Williams, who tops the GB triple jump rankings this year, is another top athlete supporting Norfolk athletics.
There are events for all age groups and following from the success of last year's events there will be a series of Special Olympic events as well.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday's programme begins at 10.30am.
There has been another national title for City of Norwich athletes. Competing in the women`s 55 age group road relay at Sutton Park in Birmingham, the trio of Jane Clark, Tracey Curl and Louise Wilkinson led the way.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency