No way back this time for departed King’s Lynn Town winger Steve Spriggs
- Credit: IAN BURT
The exit door has finally shut on winger Steve Spriggs' King's Lynn Town career.
The reformed club's top goalscorer used his own Twitter account on Sunday evening to announce he was was leaving The Walks for a third time since the Linnets were revived in 2010. However, after taking him back following brief spells with Swedish club Ytterhogdals IK and Boston United, boss Gary Setchell insists the 25-year-old's love affair with Lynn is definitely over this time.
Lynn's manager, whose side visit Grantham Town tonight, said: 'This is it. I'm definitely not having him back now.
'He's gone away three or four times and I've had him back, which shows how much I thought of him. He went on holiday for seven weeks (2011), then went to play in Sweden (2012) and for Boston (2013) and I took him back. He's been a huge player for us for in our first three years.
'But it's not worked out for him this season. He hasn't been able to score the goals that he did in previous years. He's frustrated, he was obviously disappointed he didn't play any part in Saturday's 3-1 win at Blyth, and it all came to a head. I didn't want him to go but I accept his decision.'
You may also want to watch:
The winger, known as Spriggsy, has failed to score in five starts and 11 substitute appearances this season after netting a huge 72 goals in his first 150 outings.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover