Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen set to make his big King’s Lynn Stars debut against Poole Pirates
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn host the champions on a big night for one of the Stars' Danish contingent.
Niels-Kristian Iversen and Mads Korneliussen will be joined in the Lynn line-up by fellow countryman Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen for the first time.
The Dane became part of the Stars' Elite League squad over the winter but has yet to take to the tapes for his Elite League club.
However, his services have been called upon this evening with Kai Huckenbeck missing out through illness as Poole Pirates, and the Sky Sports cameras, prepare to arrive at the Adrian Flux Arena.
Captain Rory Schlein misses out once again through injury. Unlike during Saturday's 45-45 draw at Leicester Lions, where the Stars operated the rider-replacement facility, Rob Lyon has called upon the services of a guest. That man is seven-time British champion Scott Nicholls.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn owner Buster Chapman said: 'We're delighted to welcome Scotty into the side and we thank Belle Vue for their co-operation. It's a much better option than using the rider-replacement facility and gives us a better chance of winning the meeting.
'We're expecting a great night of speedway and I would urge all our fans to get down to the track and get behind the boys, they really appreciate your support.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Lynn will be looking to build on a decent points return last week that saw them pick up five from a possible seven on offer during home and away meetings against the Lions.
Poole will certainly provide a stern test though, even if potent reserve Kyle Newman is ruled out through injury.
The Dorset club are to hand a debut of sorts to club legend Bjarne Pedersen. He completed his latest return to Wimborne Road after Davey Watt was axed after a poor start to the season.
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Mads Korneliussen, 3 Robert Lambert, 4 Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, 5 Scott Nicholls (Guest), 6 Carl Wilkinson, 7 Lewis Rose
Poole: 1 Chris Holder, 2 Brady Kurtz, 3 Bjarne Pedersen, 4 Krzysztof Buczkowski, 5 Hans Andersen, 6 Adam Ellis, 7 Stuart Robson (G).
See today's paper for Korneliussen's latest exclusive column.