Newcomers given taste of race action at Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club’s Open Day
Despite chilly overcast conditions, Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club's Open Day attracted plenty of visitors, keeping many of the club's sailors busy taking them out in a variety of boats.
Racing carried on as normal in the afternoon but some boats had extra crew as potential members were given the chance to experience racing first-hand.
Duncan Madin, in his RS300, was the leader in both Fast Handicap races but was beaten on corrected time by Alan Cone (Laser) in the first.
Eric Pearce and Georgina Mawer in the Oulton Rater Catastrophe were also well placed.
Amongst the keelboats, Simon Marfleet in Iris won the Waveney race and George Gower in Samphire won the Mixed Keels.
You may also want to watch:
There was a bigger turn-out of keelboats on Sunday in the sunshine and it was a good day for Trevor and Jake Balls with Waveney Creeping Jenny winning both their class race and the Mixed Keels. For the first time this season Broads One Designs were racing and Mark Drake and Mark Duffield were second and third respectively in the Mixed Keels fleet.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing