New Zealand visitor ready to chase down leaders at Houghton
- Credit: Ian Burt
Horinger-based Caroline Powell has set herself up well after completing the One Star dressage phase on the tongue-twistingly named Stracathro Solitary Mistral at the Saracen Horse Feeds Houghton International Horse Trials.
The New Zealander lies in sixth place overnight, less than three penalties behind the current leaders, Yoshiaki Oiwa from Japan riding Chantelle.
Just 0.2 of a penalty behind Powell is Katherine Cross from Ixworth, riding Romeo Z.
In the Two Star, Emily Lochore, wife of event organiser Alec, leads the local charge riding Hexmaleys Hayday, although the leaderboard could yet be shaken up on Friday when the final competitors perform their tests.
The current Two Star leaders are Will Furlong and Adele 97 – Furlong has a great record at Houghton having twice won the National Under 21 title, and would not be one to bet against.
You may also want to watch:
There is a new site layout this year, due to the Richard Long exhibition at the Hall, but as ever world class athletes are competing and this year we have glorious sunshine - perfect for picnicing in the deer park.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach