New Zealand visitor ready to chase down leaders at Houghton
- Credit: Ian Burt
Horinger-based Caroline Powell has set herself up well after completing the One Star dressage phase on the tongue-twistingly named Stracathro Solitary Mistral at the Saracen Horse Feeds Houghton International Horse Trials.
The New Zealander lies in sixth place overnight, less than three penalties behind the current leaders, Yoshiaki Oiwa from Japan riding Chantelle.
Just 0.2 of a penalty behind Powell is Katherine Cross from Ixworth, riding Romeo Z.
In the Two Star, Emily Lochore, wife of event organiser Alec, leads the local charge riding Hexmaleys Hayday, although the leaderboard could yet be shaken up on Friday when the final competitors perform their tests.
The current Two Star leaders are Will Furlong and Adele 97 – Furlong has a great record at Houghton having twice won the National Under 21 title, and would not be one to bet against.
You may also want to watch:
There is a new site layout this year, due to the Richard Long exhibition at the Hall, but as ever world class athletes are competing and this year we have glorious sunshine - perfect for picnicing in the deer park.
- 1 Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- 2 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 3 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 4 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 5 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 6 Forensics on scene as murder investigation continues
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after falling from cliff
- 8 Fashion chain's £50,000 debt written off
- 9 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 10 Developer WITHDRAWS controversial proposals to redevelop Anglia Square