New season and new sponsor for Norfolk Alliance
- Credit: Jason Bye
A new season of Norfolk Alliance cricket gets under way tomorrow with a new sponsor at the helm.
After operating without a backer for two seasons the league has now been rebranded as the Dipple & Conway Opticians Norfolk Alliance following a link-up with the local business.
'We are delighted that we've been able to establish a partnership with a long-established local family-owned business,' said league chairman Peter Thomas.
'For the last two seasons, the only way the Alliance could survive was by asking clubs to pay more in subscriptions. So this assistance will be a breath of fresh air for our members. We're one of three feeder leagues into the Gibbs Denley East Anglian Premier League, but in the past two seasons we have been the only one of the three not to have a sponsor. On a personal level, I have felt that very keenly.'
Co-owner of the sponsors James Conway added: 'Sponsorship of the Alliance is a fantastic fit with Dipple & Conway on many levels. We've both been part of the Norfolk community for a very long time and we understand the pride the Alliance feels as it looks back on a long and distinguished history.'
You may also want to watch:
Most Alliance teams start their new campaigns on Saturday week – but there are two fixtures tomorrow, both in Division Two.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
Great Witchingham A are at home to Hethersett and Tas Valley while Norwich A entertain Dereham.
Saturday week's Premier Division fixtures: Ashmanhaugh & Barton Wanderers v North Runcton, Cromer v Old Buckenham, Downham Town v Diss, Fakenham v Lowestoft Town, Sprowston v Swardeston A.