New loan signing for King’s Lynn
Gary Setchell has received a double boost ahead of the trip to Stratford.
The Linnets boss has signed Sam Warburton from Nuneaton on a three-month loan deal. The 19-year-old left-sided player, released by Northampton in December, was on loan at Rugby Town until recently.
More good news for the Linnets is that Lee Smith is back from his travels and will resume training, although he will need a mini pre-season before resuming first team action.
Town can leapfrog their opponents if they can end a spell of frustration with a welcome away victory today. The Linnets haven't won since September 24, a run of six matches in a row, and saw assistant manager and player Gary Mills depart to take over as manager of Northern Premier League side Corby in midweek.
Setchell's side needed a late Leon Mettam equaliser to salvage a 2-2 draw at home to Hayes & Yeading last week but travel to Stratford knowing victory would move them above their opponents.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre