New format for Mid-Norfolk Sunday League
- Credit: Archant
The Mid-Norfolk Sunday League has been extensively revamped for the new season.
Officials of the 56-strong set-up have decided to go with six regionalised sections, with only the Shield Premier Division being county-wide.
Explaining the reasoning behind the change, chairman Colin King said: 'The way that promotion and relegation worked out at the end of last season meant many clubs were facing a great deal of travelling. Four clubs would have had journeys in excess of 80 miles. This was clearly unacceptable and we had to act decisively.
'We decided to create two first divisions and then four second divisions. The only division that was left unchanged was the Shield Premier.
'The League has been regionalised since 2002 but this has enabled us to create tighter groupings.'
You may also want to watch:
The league season begins on Sunday May 7 while the first round of the Challenge League Cup is on April 30.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk