New deals for Youngs and Hipkiss
Jonathan RedheadNorfolk's Ben Youngs and former Diss player Dan Hipkiss are among seven English stars to agree new contracts with Leicester Tigers. The duo have extended their deals with the defending Guinness Premiership champions after sparkling so far this season.Jonathan Redhead
Norfolk's Ben Youngs and former Diss player Dan Hipkiss are among seven English stars to agree new contracts with Leicester Tigers.
The duo have extended their deals with the defending Guinness Premiership champions after sparkling so far this season.
England centre Hipkiss is one of three current England internationals to pen a new deal, alongside Louis Deacon and Jordan Crane.
Scrum-half Youngs, who starred in England Saxons' victory against Ireland at the weekend, has been joined by fellow Saxons caps Dan Cole, Matt Smith and Ben Woods in tying up longer contracts at Welford Road.
You may also want to watch:
"The culture of this club is always that we want a strong core of English players and players who have come through the ranks here," said Tigers head coach Richard Cockerill.
"The likes of Louis Deacon and Dan Hipkiss have come all the way through from the Academy to the senior team and to England status, and Ben Youngs and Dan Cole are following in their footsteps.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
"These guys all understand the culture of the club and they have a role too as an example and inspiration to all of our young players.
"All of our players have an excellent environment in which to improve their game here."