New clubs to bolster Norwich City Tennis League this season
- Credit: Submitted
Three new clubs are expected to join the Norwich City Tennis League for the 2015 season.
The league held its annual general meeting at Easton College recently, with secretary Adrian Gunton announcing the further expansion of the league, which could be boosted further by existing participants increasing their sides as well.
Representatives of the 83 teams from the 12 men's and ladies divisions were in attendance at the AGM, where Gunton reported on a very successful 2014 season which ended with eight different clubs winning the league trophies from almost 500 league games played.
The various divisional winners for the 2014 season were also awarded their trophies.
Men's: Division One – Taverham A; Division Two – E Anglia A; Division Three – Stanmore B; Division Four – Blofield B; Division Five – Cringleford B; Division Six – Easton B; Division Seven – E Anglia B.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies: Division One – Brooke A; Division Two – Cringleford A; Division Three – Brooke B; Division Four – Wymondham B; Division Five – E Anglia D.
The league, which was established with five clubs in 1953, plays matches between May and August. For further details about the league, go to www.cityleag.org.uk
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould