New clubs to bolster Norwich City Tennis League this season
- Credit: Submitted
Three new clubs are expected to join the Norwich City Tennis League for the 2015 season.
The league held its annual general meeting at Easton College recently, with secretary Adrian Gunton announcing the further expansion of the league, which could be boosted further by existing participants increasing their sides as well.
Representatives of the 83 teams from the 12 men's and ladies divisions were in attendance at the AGM, where Gunton reported on a very successful 2014 season which ended with eight different clubs winning the league trophies from almost 500 league games played.
The various divisional winners for the 2014 season were also awarded their trophies.
Men's: Division One – Taverham A; Division Two – E Anglia A; Division Three – Stanmore B; Division Four – Blofield B; Division Five – Cringleford B; Division Six – Easton B; Division Seven – E Anglia B.
Ladies: Division One – Brooke A; Division Two – Cringleford A; Division Three – Brooke B; Division Four – Wymondham B; Division Five – E Anglia D.
The league, which was established with five clubs in 1953, plays matches between May and August. For further details about the league, go to www.cityleag.org.uk
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 5 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 6 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 7 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 8 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 9 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas