New Bloaters boss Lee Hackleton eyeing cup success
- Credit: Archant
New Great Yarmouth Town manager Lee Hackleton says that winning the First Division Knockout Cup is just as important as gaining promotion to the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
It comes after Hackleton completed his first game in charge of the first team on Saturday, a 6-0 home victory over March Town United.
Now the squad's attentions turn to tonight's match when the Bloaters travel to Stowmarket Town vying for a place in the semi-finals of the Knockout Cup.
And Hackleton says gaining the Knockout Cup silverware is just as much a target as the league campaign.
'I think we have a squad that is both good enough to win promotion and win the cup. I'm not going to go into any game thinking 'that' s a priority, that's a priority', everything is a priority to me.
You may also want to watch:
'We must win every week if possible. Promotion is just as key as winning the Knockout Cup, that's a key as well.
'If you look at it from our point of view, really we want to be finishing top of the league. Promotion would be a good start and obviously hopefully a cup final win in the Division One Knockout Cup. That's a must I think.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Hackleton took over the manager's position on an interim basis having been the reserve team chief since Aug 2012; now that responsibility falls to Steve Cuff, who is a well known name in the local Borough League.