New bike propels Jeremy Goss all the way
My dictionary defines 'boneshaker' as 'an old fashioned bicycle without india-rubber tyres'.
Well, I've got a new definition: 'A state-of-the-art racing bike that's supposed to propel me all the way to Munich'.
Sleek and lightweight it may be, but it's taken me completely by surprise just how unforgiving it is on the parts of me that need all the help they can get as I continue training for my B-to-B adventure.
How the Victoria Pendletons and Chris Hoys of this world get on, I've no idea, but I'm certainly finding out the rock hard way what modern day cycling is all about on the pot-holed roads of Norfolk. It's not helped by a saddle more akin to a razor blade, which leaves even the more padded area of my anatomy screaming for a comfy cushion.
Meanwhile, the fundraising is going great guns – or maybe that should be Gunns after Bryan joined me and half a dozen other former City legends for a celebrity basketball match against the staff and students of Notre Dame High School the other day.
You may also want to watch:
If he was a racehorse he'd be carrying a few pounds overweight let's say. But he managed to net a few impressive three pointers from distance! Shocked? Not as much as me – 5ft and not a lot - faced up to their 6ft 7in Peter Crouch look-a-like.
Still, I'm hugely grateful for their support, and the �500 raised for the NNAB. A great laugh on the night.
- 1 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Donate via nnab.org.uk.
Keep up to date with me online at www.edp24.co.uk/jeremygoss and also see what the NNAB have been getting up to.