Needham Market 0 Lowestoft Town 2: Super-sub Josh Greenleaf earns bragging rights for Trawlerboys
- Credit: Archant
Josh Greenleaf's second-half double ended Lowestoft's four-match losing streak and gave the Trawlerboys bragging rights over Suffolk rivals, Needham Market.
Greenleaf came off the bench midway through the second half to make the difference as the Blues secured their second win of the season in the league. Needham Market should have gone in front earlier in the second period but Darryl Coakley saw his 68th-minute penalty saved by Ben Dudzinski after Ryan Gibbs had been brought down by the big Lowestoft keeper.
It was to prove a pivotal moment in the contest as the let-off appeared to galvanise Ady Gallagher's side as Greenleaf took centre stage.
The former Metropolitan Police striker, on as a replacement for Shaun Bammant, put Lowestoft in front in the 74th minute and then clinically doubled the visitors' lead soon after with a fine finish.
Lowestoft are back in action on Saturday when they host Harlow Town in the FA Cup second qualifying round.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach