Youth football league postpones fixtures for Under-7s to Under-10s until 2021 due to coronavirus measures
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A youth football league has decided to postpone its resumption until 2021 for age groups between Under-7s to Under-10s.
The Norfolk Combined Youth Football League (NCYFL) has decided to wait until the new year before starting up their league fixtures again for those age groups.
All children’s football has been halted as part of the four-week national lockdown imposed in England. That is due to end on Thursday, December 3 but NCYFL officials have decided to wait and resume fixtures on January 9 for youngsters from under-7s to under-10s although it is hoped friendlies and training can resume before then.
An NCYFL statement on social media said: “U7-8 will resume in January with development fixtures. Teams will be free to arrange friendlies or train in December, providing measures are lifted. We aim to have these on Full-Time in due course.
U9-10 will resume in January with Trophy Event competitions. Teams will be free to arrange friendlies or train in December, providing measures are lifted. We aim to have these on Full-Time in due course.
You may also want to watch:
“U11 will finish their remaining development fixtures in December, ready for Trophy Event placings in January, all providing that measures are lifted. These fixtures are scheduled on Full-Time. In the event of measures not being lifted, these will not take place.
“U12-18 will resume their league, Kappa Cup and 4sports Trophy campaigns in December, providing measures are lifted. These fixtures are scheduled on Full-Time.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
“Clubs at U7-10 are welcome to play their fixtures that we had arranged, but we will not be enforcing these, nor asking for any match returns, and can be played as friendlies.”