NCBA County League season goes to wire
With the last regular NCBA County League season games scheduled for tonight the situation at the top of the various divisions is taking shape. The top team in each of the area divisions go into the play-offs for the league title – so some results will be vital in determining the successful teams.
In Area A there is a shoot-out between Cromer Crabs, who took over top spot last week, Cawston Rebels and outsiders Mill Farm.
Cromer travel to bottom club Tungate, Cawston are at home to Holt Tawny Owls and Mill Farm visit Aylsham. Cromer need three points to make sure of winning the Area. Area B has clear winners as Dilham hold a 20� point lead at the top. Area C will go all the way as Burlingham A will need at least four points at home to Bradwell Green to hold off Cantley, who are at home to Blofield Heath. Burlingham do, however, have a game in hand.
Area D winners are Wootton Park A as they hold a 13 point lead going into the last game.
In Area E two teams are still in contention. Foulsham go into the last game with a three point lead over RG Carter A. Foulsham are at home in their last game to Swanton Morley whilst RG Carter travel to Hingham Rectory.
You may also want to watch:
The preliminary round of the league play offs will be between the winners of Area A and Area D. This game will be held on Tuesday, August 7 at Lakeside Bowls Club, 6.45pm start. The play off semi-final and final will be held on Sunday, August 12 at Holt Bowls Club. The semi finals will start at 10am with the final at approx 2pm.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 4 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 9 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow