Nathan aims to check out a professional darts future
A Gorleston darts player hopes to turn professional this year and join the others on the nationwide circuit, following an impressive local victory at the weekend.
Nathan Derry, 25, rose above the 32 able contestants to win the darts tournament at the Kings Head in Lingwood at the weekend.
He was unknown at this venue until this spectacular win. Nathan has however had great success in competitions held in the Yarmouth and Gorleston area. A few months ago he won the prestigious 'East Coast Open' held at Walcot.
Nathan has a place booked at the Qualifying Darts School weekend held at Wigan Sports Complex where he hopes to qualify as a professional darts player and join the Pro Darts Corporation tour.
Asked if he had custom-made darts he said: 'I have especially made long points as they help the balance and prevent the dart from obscuring a small target like the high value treble 20.'
You may also want to watch:
Adam Oxbury, who runs the Kings Head darts tournaments said: 'We have had a very successful event yet again today and distributed all the entrants' fees, amounting to �160 in prizes.'
Jack Holmes, 15, who won the last 'Lingwood Open,' came in second place in this competition but remains a prospective star of the future due to his awesome skill at a very young age.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
Linda Simmons, chairperson of Norfolk County Darts Organisation presented the prizes while Adam made the announcements of the succession of category winners.
Adam announced that the next tournament will be at the same venue in about three month's time.