Nathan aims to check out a professional darts future
A Gorleston darts player hopes to turn professional this year and join the others on the nationwide circuit, following an impressive local victory at the weekend.
Nathan Derry, 25, rose above the 32 able contestants to win the darts tournament at the Kings Head in Lingwood at the weekend.
He was unknown at this venue until this spectacular win. Nathan has however had great success in competitions held in the Yarmouth and Gorleston area. A few months ago he won the prestigious 'East Coast Open' held at Walcot.
Nathan has a place booked at the Qualifying Darts School weekend held at Wigan Sports Complex where he hopes to qualify as a professional darts player and join the Pro Darts Corporation tour.
Asked if he had custom-made darts he said: 'I have especially made long points as they help the balance and prevent the dart from obscuring a small target like the high value treble 20.'
You may also want to watch:
Adam Oxbury, who runs the Kings Head darts tournaments said: 'We have had a very successful event yet again today and distributed all the entrants' fees, amounting to �160 in prizes.'
Jack Holmes, 15, who won the last 'Lingwood Open,' came in second place in this competition but remains a prospective star of the future due to his awesome skill at a very young age.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
Linda Simmons, chairperson of Norfolk County Darts Organisation presented the prizes while Adam made the announcements of the succession of category winners.
Adam announced that the next tournament will be at the same venue in about three month's time.