Mummery Cup: Norwich St Johns 6, Blofield 3
Norwich St Johns won the Mummery Cup with a sensational second half recovery at Wroxham's Trafford Park.
They trailed 2-0 at the interval to a Blofield side who, looking to lift the Anglian Combination's senior knock-out trophy for the third time in four years, seemed well on the way to doing so thanks to goals from Daniel McKail and Liam Barnes.
But it was a totally different story after the break as St Johns, who also reached the semi-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup this season, turned the game around to win 6-3.
Luke Tuttle was the key man, plundering four goals, while Matthew Reacher and David Matthews were also on the mark.
Richard Brett was the second half scorer for Blofield, whose hopes of winning the Premier Division had been ended on Saturday by a 3-0 defeat to Cromer Town.
You may also want to watch:
That result took Cromer back to the top of the Premier Division, but Acle can leapfrog them again if they win their last match, at St Andrews tonight.
If Acle win then the Crabs will need victory in their final game, at home to Loddon on Thursday, in order to retain the Sterry Cup.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town