Mummery Cup action for Anglian Combination teams
- Credit: Archant
Anglian Combination teams take a break from league action today, with the first round of the Mummery Cup being staged.
The holders of the Combination's senior knock-out competition are Mulbarton Wanderers, who beat Acle United 2-1 in last season's final at the FDC.
They begin the defence of their trophy at Division One side Attleborough Town, who were hammered 7-1 at home by North Walsham in their previous fixture.
There will be plenty of interest in Acle's tie at Beccles following the appointment of former Manchester City and Wolves striker Robert Taylor as manager in midweek.
Acle will be aiming to get their season up and running under their new boss, having lost their opening three league fixtures while conceding 12 goals.
You may also want to watch:
Early pacesetters Norwich CEYMS host second-flight Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves while Harleston Town, the other side with a 100 per cent record, visit Stalham.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit