Mummery Cup action for Anglian Combination teams
- Credit: Archant
Anglian Combination teams take a break from league action today, with the first round of the Mummery Cup being staged.
The holders of the Combination's senior knock-out competition are Mulbarton Wanderers, who beat Acle United 2-1 in last season's final at the FDC.
They begin the defence of their trophy at Division One side Attleborough Town, who were hammered 7-1 at home by North Walsham in their previous fixture.
There will be plenty of interest in Acle's tie at Beccles following the appointment of former Manchester City and Wolves striker Robert Taylor as manager in midweek.
Acle will be aiming to get their season up and running under their new boss, having lost their opening three league fixtures while conceding 12 goals.
You may also want to watch:
Early pacesetters Norwich CEYMS host second-flight Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves while Harleston Town, the other side with a 100 per cent record, visit Stalham.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Norwich hospital to stop inpatient visits after rising Covid cases
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns