Multicultural looking for a Yarmouth double after previous strong display
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Multicutural can make it a quickfire course-and-distance double by winning the totepool Live Info Download The App Handicap at Yarmouth this evening.
The three-year-old shed her maiden tag at the track last Thursday and makes a swift return here under a 6lb penalty following that two-length verdict.
The combination of dropping back from a mile and the application of blinkers clearly worked the oracle for James Tate's charge and the finishing flourish she delivered that day certainly suggests there may still have been a bit in the locker.
Silently can get off the mark for Daniel Kubler in the At totepoolRacing Win Racing Tickets On Twitter Median Auction Maiden Stakes.
Hailing from the family of classy sprinter Reverence, Silently has not really had time to find her feet yet with only one outing in 2016 before returning from a long lay-off at Windsor last week.
You may also want to watch:
She ran well enough to finish second there over five furlongs and if she can avoid the 'bounce' factor, she should strip a bit fitter for this six-furlong assignment.
John Gosden can take the totepool Racecourse Cashback Available Fillies' Novice Stakes with Orchid Lily.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
From a classic Khalid Abdullah family that includes African Rose and Distant Music as well as this filly's dam Helleborine, Orchid Lily has the potential to shape into something decent.
Elsewhere, Sir Titan appears to have really hit his stride this term and he can keep up the good work with a third victory this year in the Matchbook Traders Conference Handicap at Kempton.
Out of the reckoning in two juvenile starts, Sir Titan was gelded over the winter and that operation seems to have worked wonders this term, with Marcus Tregoning's colt boasts two wins and a second in three starts.
Sir Titan made a late start to the campaign, kicking off with victory in a Wolverhampton maiden in June before following up from an initial mark of 82 on his handicap debut at Windsor the following month.
Tregoning then raised his sights for a competitive event at Goodwood and while Sir Titan had to settle for minor honours behind Battered, he was only beaten a head after racing quite keenly and trying to make all.