Mixed week for County Arts A but they still lead the way ahead of Acle
- Credit: James Bass
With their Denny Plate quarter-final being played next weekend County Arts A completed a mixed weekend in the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League by playing two games in Division One.
On Saturday they lost away at Gallow A by 109 shots to 78, Sam King's rink top scoring 38-15, and on Sunday they won at home to Diss A by 104 shots to 40.5, with their rink skipped by Robin Norman top scoring 25-7.
These results meant that Acle A are now 5.5 points behind County Arts A in second place after they were edged out away at Lynnsport A by 82 shots to 81, Stephen Winter's rink winning 32-15.
Beccles are now third in the table after they won at home to Wymondham A by 127 shots to 59, Ben Harber's rink winning 35-9. Norfolk BC A move up to fourth place after they won away at Diss A by 105 shots to 43, Wayne Willgress's rink winning 27-7.
In Division Two both the top two teams lost, Shotford A away at Wymondham B by 88 shots to 76, John George's rink winning 32-13, and Pentney A away at Acle B by 103 shots to 61, Wyn Willimott's rink winning 33-9.
You may also want to watch:
Woodlands A closed the gap on the top two by winning at Dereham A by 80 shots to 65, Keith Medlar's rink top scoring 30-10. County Arts B won at home to Browston A by 76 shots to 75, Keith Edgar's rink winning 21-10.
The only game in Division Three (North) saw Pentney B win at home to Old Hall by 72 shots to 68, David Futter's rink winning 25-9.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
In Division Three (Central) Norfolk BC B won at home to Diss B by 78 shots to 75, Alan Goldsmith's rink winning 19-13.
Acle C have edged a point clear at the top of Division Three (South) after they won away at Roundwood B by 104 shots to 57, Alan Kendall's rink winning 28-12. Second-placed Lowestoft Rail won at home to Browston B by 115 shots to 61, Roger Flatt's rink top scoring 38-11.
In the Norfolk CIBA Top Ten League Woodlands won at home to Pentney by 90 shots to 63.