Mixed week for County Arts A but they still lead the way ahead of Acle
- Credit: James Bass
With their Denny Plate quarter-final being played next weekend County Arts A completed a mixed weekend in the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League by playing two games in Division One.
On Saturday they lost away at Gallow A by 109 shots to 78, Sam King's rink top scoring 38-15, and on Sunday they won at home to Diss A by 104 shots to 40.5, with their rink skipped by Robin Norman top scoring 25-7.
These results meant that Acle A are now 5.5 points behind County Arts A in second place after they were edged out away at Lynnsport A by 82 shots to 81, Stephen Winter's rink winning 32-15.
Beccles are now third in the table after they won at home to Wymondham A by 127 shots to 59, Ben Harber's rink winning 35-9. Norfolk BC A move up to fourth place after they won away at Diss A by 105 shots to 43, Wayne Willgress's rink winning 27-7.
In Division Two both the top two teams lost, Shotford A away at Wymondham B by 88 shots to 76, John George's rink winning 32-13, and Pentney A away at Acle B by 103 shots to 61, Wyn Willimott's rink winning 33-9.
You may also want to watch:
Woodlands A closed the gap on the top two by winning at Dereham A by 80 shots to 65, Keith Medlar's rink top scoring 30-10. County Arts B won at home to Browston A by 76 shots to 75, Keith Edgar's rink winning 21-10.
The only game in Division Three (North) saw Pentney B win at home to Old Hall by 72 shots to 68, David Futter's rink winning 25-9.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
In Division Three (Central) Norfolk BC B won at home to Diss B by 78 shots to 75, Alan Goldsmith's rink winning 19-13.
Acle C have edged a point clear at the top of Division Three (South) after they won away at Roundwood B by 104 shots to 57, Alan Kendall's rink winning 28-12. Second-placed Lowestoft Rail won at home to Browston B by 115 shots to 61, Roger Flatt's rink top scoring 38-11.
In the Norfolk CIBA Top Ten League Woodlands won at home to Pentney by 90 shots to 63.