Midweek win fires Wroxham hopes ahead of Witham clash
Damian Hilton was cheered by his Wroxham team's performance and result on Tuesday night away at Haringey Borough.
A 3-1 victory played out in front of a sparse 22 spectators was enough to lift the Yachtsmen out of the Ryman League relegation positions.
Those who travelled witnessed two goals from Jamie Forshaw – including a Sergio Aguero-esque chip over the keeper – and a powerful header from Michael Sommerfield in the first half which were enough to bring the points back to Norfolk.
Describing it as the side's best performance since his return to the club, Hilton said: 'It gave the lads a massive confidence boost and they played great.'
Today the Yachtsmen take on another side towards the lower reaches of the league in Witham Town at Trafford Park. A win will see Wroxham jump above the Essex side, who currently sit in 18th place.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors recently parted company with manager Garry Kimble and have appointed Adam Flint as caretaker boss until the end of the season. Flint will be looking to continue as he started, having improved on the club's recent form of only one win in six league games, which came in his first match in charge last Saturday.
The Yachtsmen were buoyed in midweek with the return from suspension of Jackson Ramm. The combative defender made his mark by setting up the opening goal with a pinpoint cross to Sommerfield. The latter may continue in a more advanced role if Nick Davey is unable to shake off his hamstring injury.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
Also unavailable or missing are goalkeeper Elliot Pride (absent), Aarron Taylor (injury), Matt Halliday (absent), Jack Garrod (work), Tom Cullumbine (injury) and Andrew Howell is still a long-term absentee. Coming into the squad are Nathan Pauling and Josh Carus.