Midweek draw boosts Dereham Town ahead of clash with Ryman North leaders
- Credit: Ian Burt
League leaders Cray Wanderers are heading for Aldiss Park this afternoon, with Dereham boosted by a midweek draw at Witham.
The Magpies bounced back from their weekend defeat at Harlow by claiming a point in Essex on Tuesday night, Dion Frary breaking the deadlock in the first half from Luke Tuttle's corner only for the hosts to equalise in the 69th minute.
Manager Matt Henman, whose side sit in 10th place in the Ryman North table, said: 'I thought that we deserved a point on Saturday against a good side (Harlow) with high expectations.
'Witham was a bit more scrappy but we were always a threat going forward. Jack Frohawk caused them problems with his pace. If Lewis Butcher's effort before half-time had gone in rather than hit the bar the result would have been different.'
Cray arrive in Norfolk five points clear at the top of the table, having played three games more than many teams, with nine wins in their last 12 league games.
You may also want to watch:
Henman's team are then on their travels again on Tuesday night, to play AFC Sudbury.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 10 New virus named after Norfolk village