Midfielder Clunan ‘comes home’ to King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town manager Gary Setchell has continued his summer shopping spree with the signing of midfielder Michael Clunan.
The 21-year-old, who was born in Lynn, was part of Norwich City's academy side before being released in 2013.
He subsequently joined Boston United and also played for Histon and Lowestoft Town before joining Dereham Town last season.
The youngster enjoyed a productive campaign for the Magpies in Division One North of the Ryman League, helping them to a solid seventh-placed finish.
'Michael is another good signing for us and he will give me another good option in the midfield areas,' said Setchell.
You may also want to watch:
'He is a great passer of the ball and is also very good at bringing others in to play. Despite this signing I'm still looking to bring in another centre half and, of course, a centre forward.'
It's a case of one in, one out, for Dereham though as boss Matt Henman swooped for Dion Frary from Fakenham.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'