Michael Walsh comeback put on hold after Braintree show postponed
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Michael Walsh's hopes of a comeback have been put on hold after the show in Braintree on Saturday was postponed.
Walsh had been due to end a two-year absence from the ring in Essex but injuries to other fighters have forced organisers to try and re-arrange the show, which Billy Bird was co-headlining alongside Walsh.
A statement said: 'Unfortunately we have had to postponed our Essex show in Braintree. Injuries and other problems meant that we lost some of the top fights on the card which could not be replaced at this late stage.
'We have a reputation for putting on quality shows with bills full of competitive fights for our loyal fans and to offer any least would not be consistent with our ethos.
'We are in the business of provide a good evening of entertainment to the fans and will not compromise on this so there was no alternative but to postpone the show until a future date which will be announced shortly.
You may also want to watch:
'I am sure you will all understand that it is very rare for us to take such steps but we will not compromise on quality. It is a real shame for those guys left who have trained hard for their fights over the past weeks. I am sure you will all come out in force once the new date is announced to support these guys.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars