Michael Walsh comeback put on hold after Braintree show postponed
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Michael Walsh's hopes of a comeback have been put on hold after the show in Braintree on Saturday was postponed.
Walsh had been due to end a two-year absence from the ring in Essex but injuries to other fighters have forced organisers to try and re-arrange the show, which Billy Bird was co-headlining alongside Walsh.
A statement said: 'Unfortunately we have had to postponed our Essex show in Braintree. Injuries and other problems meant that we lost some of the top fights on the card which could not be replaced at this late stage.
'We have a reputation for putting on quality shows with bills full of competitive fights for our loyal fans and to offer any least would not be consistent with our ethos.
'We are in the business of provide a good evening of entertainment to the fans and will not compromise on this so there was no alternative but to postpone the show until a future date which will be announced shortly.
You may also want to watch:
'I am sure you will all understand that it is very rare for us to take such steps but we will not compromise on quality. It is a real shame for those guys left who have trained hard for their fights over the past weeks. I am sure you will all come out in force once the new date is announced to support these guys.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000