‘Mega signing’ Gary Mills joins King’s Lynn Town on loan from Boston United for three months
- Credit: Archant
Midfielder Gary Mills has been hailed as a 'mega signing' after joining King's Lynn Town on a three-month loan deal.
The 32-year-old, currently at Boston United, has a wealth of higher-level experience having won the Conference with the now defunct Rushden & Diamonds and FA Trophy with Stevenage Borough.
But Linnets boss Gary Setchell yesterday convinced the experienced engine-room operator to begin a short spell at The Walks and is ecstatic with his former team-mate's decision.
Setchell, who played with Mills at Rushden, said: 'I tried to get him in the summer and missed out. But things are not working out at Boston and I've managed it now. It's a mega signing.
'I've played with him, so I know how good he is.
You may also want to watch:
'You don't win Conference and Conference North titles, and the FA Trophy, if you can't play the game. He's a tremendous player, he's a bit of a character as well, his ball retention is very good and he'll bring higher-level experience. 'He'll add another string to our bow and allow us to rotate and get some rest into our other midfielders.'
Mills, not related to his namesake and former Lynn boss Gary Mills – who he played under and fell out with publically at Tamworth – joined Boston from rivals Lincoln City.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000