Medal haul for Eastern Shotokan Karate Association in Southend
- Credit: Submitted
Sprowston-based martial arts club Eastern Shotokan Karate Association (ESKA) is celebrating its latest medal haul.
ESKA entered a team of 91 members into the sixth annual Traditional Shotokan Karate UK (TSKUK) Open Championships in Southend on Sunday.
Their members competed in several different categories to bring home 57 awards, including an impressive 15 gold, 24 silver and 18 bronze medals.
Alex Loombe (12 years old), Patrick Matthews (15), Matthew Potter (15), Josh Spruce (15) and Max Threadwell (12) did all won two gold medals each in both individual and team events.
Jason Hitchings fifth dan, ESKA chief instructor, said: 'I am very proud of the whole ESKA competition squad. Their hard work and dedication to training has paid off with such an impressive collection of awards.'
You may also want to watch:
Looking ahead the ESKA squad will be attending the WTKO (World Traditional Karate Organisation) second Open Championships in Dublin in May, where a squad aged between seven and 15 years old will be going to represent the TSKUK.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 9 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 10 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch