Mattishall make hay while rivals are absent
The top-of-the-table clash in the Anglian Combination Premier Division between Cromer and St Andrews was postponed, as was Blofield's Norfolk Senior Cup tie against Dereham.
This meant that Mattishall's 2-1 win over visitors North Walsham earned them the right to leapfrog Blofield into third place. Samuel Applegate and Andrew Fulcher netted for the hosts and Alex Fitzgerald got the goal for the Angels.
Loddon hit Brandon for six with two in reply with Daniel Andersen and James Majoribanks hitting braces with one apiece for Philip Squire and Chris Hancock. Brandon's Tony Wright and an own goal completed the scoreline.
Neil McMorran scored for Beccles Town at Dersingham Rovers, the game's only goal.
Norwich St Johns put three past Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves thanks to Matthew Racher, Luke Tuttle and Lloyd Greening with Oliver Winram replying for the Suffolk side.
Wroxham Reserves returned from Spixworth with all three points after a 3-1 win (Paul Cook twice and George Brooks with Jason Armes getting the consolation).
Other Premier Division sides were involved in Mummery Cup quarter-finals.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 3 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 4 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 5 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 6 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 7 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 8 Platform offering stunning views of north Norfolk coast reopens
- 9 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 10 Four-bed home with swimming pool and Mediterranean garden on sale for £595k
Nathan Thompson netted twice in Acle United's 2-0 win over Hempnall.
Sheringham were 3-1 winners over Poringland Wanderers. Joseph Pattison scored for the visitors but Tom Doughty, James Parker and Kristian Gleave secured the points for the Shannocks.
Meanwhile, in Division One, Wells Town are still runaway leaders. This weekend they put three past hosts Stalham with no reply.
Niall McCallum, Tom East and Scott Sutherland-Gray were on the scoresheet for the Seasiders.
Holt United had a visit from Hindringham and ended up 4-1 winners through Lee Clarke's brace, Matthew Warnes and Tony Edwards. Gary Belton scored the consolation for Hindringham.
Bungay Town and visitors Wymondham Town battled it out with the hosts just losing out 3-2. Daniel Andrews and Ashley Ling scored for the Black Dogs and Robert Browne netted two and Tom Seaman added the goals for the Rooks.
A goal by Corton's Quinn French was not enough for victory against Caister as Kieran Dainty and Daniel Bartram made it a 2-1 final score.
Also 2-1 winners were Long Stratton against Horsford, with Kaine Challen and Edward Hipperson on the scoresheet for the visitors, and Alistair Colman getting the hosts' only goal.
Thomas Spalding got Bradenham Wanderers' goal against visitors Sprowston Athletic. It was the only goal of the game.
The other fixture in Division One, Watton versus Reepham, was postponed.