Martin and Jarvis play for England U19
Young Canaries Chris Martin and Rossi Jarvis were both used as second half substitutes for England Under-19 at Walsall last night.
Young Canaries Chris Martin and Rossi Jarvis were both used as second half substitutes for England Under-19 at Walsall last night. But they were unable to do anything to stop Russia winning the European Championship qualifier 2-0 with goals from Pavel Mamaev and Artem Dzyuba.
Martin was given 26 minutes and Jarvis just nine as England suffered a defeat which will make qualification difficult, especially after Holland's win against the Czech Republic.
Ipswich striker Danny Haynes missed three chances to put England on the scoresheet.
It now remains to be seen whether team manager Brian Eastick will give either of the Canaries stars a start when England face Holland at Coventry on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
England's final qualifying game will be against the Czech Republic on Sunday.
The finals are due to take place in Austria later this summer.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship