Marshall just one shot behind the winner in Turkey
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk professional Andrew Marshall made his mark in a big event in Turkey, finishing in second place, just one shot behind the winner.
Competing in the PGAs of Europe-sanctioned Beko Classic Pro-Am in southern Turkey, Marshall recorded rounds of 72, 72 and 70 for an impressive five under par total.
The solid play put him in contention for the $10,000 top prize at the National Golf Club in Belek, but in the end he was edged out by fellow Englishman David Lynn, best known for his runners-up finish behind Rory McIlroy in the final major of 2012, the PGA Championship at Kiawah island.
Like Marshall, Lynn carded a final round of three-under-par 70 to move up from second after five birdies and two bogeys.
He had opened with a 70 and followed that up with a 73.
You may also want to watch:
Austrian Georg Schultes, who had started the final day one shot ahead of Lynn and two ahead of Marshall, finished third after level par 73.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town