Marshall just one shot behind the winner in Turkey
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk professional Andrew Marshall made his mark in a big event in Turkey, finishing in second place, just one shot behind the winner.
Competing in the PGAs of Europe-sanctioned Beko Classic Pro-Am in southern Turkey, Marshall recorded rounds of 72, 72 and 70 for an impressive five under par total.
The solid play put him in contention for the $10,000 top prize at the National Golf Club in Belek, but in the end he was edged out by fellow Englishman David Lynn, best known for his runners-up finish behind Rory McIlroy in the final major of 2012, the PGA Championship at Kiawah island.
Like Marshall, Lynn carded a final round of three-under-par 70 to move up from second after five birdies and two bogeys.
He had opened with a 70 and followed that up with a 73.
You may also want to watch:
Austrian Georg Schultes, who had started the final day one shot ahead of Lynn and two ahead of Marshall, finished third after level par 73.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police