Marshall has it all to do in Tour’s grand final
Norfolk golfer Andrew Marshall requires a top two finish in this week's final Challenge Tour event of the season to earn a return to the big time.
The Dereham professional goes into the Apulia San Domenico Grand Final in Italy in 36th position in the Tour rankings, with only the top 20 making it through to the full European Tour.
To make the necessary climb Marshall will need to play out of his skin in the elite event, featuring the Tour's top 45 players, which gets under way on Wednesday.
The Norfolk player's recent good form continued on Saturday when he recorded a three under par round of 69 for a four under finish in the Egyptian Open and a tie for 16th position.
That earned him a pay cheque for a little over �2,000, to add to the �7,800 he earned in his previous tournament in Rome.
You may also want to watch:
The event was won by Chilean Mark Tullo, who finished on 13 under after a final round of 66. Northern Ireland's Rory McIlroy, making a rare appearance at this level, finished in a tie for 12th.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones