Marsden rescues a point for Wroxham
Joe Marsden's 89th minute strike salvaged a point for Wroxham and denied Chatham in a tight affair at Maidstone Road.
Both teams started with an attacking intent, producing a flurry of half chances at either end in the opening ten minutes.
Marsden was guilty of missing the best of these for Wroxham after seven minutes, Tim Cary cushioning his header into the right back's path who could only strike his half volley wide of the left upright.
Wroxham's top scorer was then in on the act again ten minutes later, controlling Sam Harty's pass before firing a bobbling effort from 25 yards that struck the post and bounced back out as the away side tried to seize control.
Alfie May and Austin Gacheru were Chatham's liveliest players and the two combined to give the hosts the lead after 43 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
May whipped a devilish ball in from the right wing for Gacheru, who found himself unmarked from six yards to clinically convert his diving header past a sprawling Luis Tibbles for 1-0.
The young Wroxham goalkeeper then produced three saves of the highest quality just after the hour mark to keep his side in the game. Tibbles first saved from May's effort at the near post, before a superb double stop from two Gacheru strikes – one down to his left before springing back up to stop the second with his feet – kept it at 1-0.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
Marsden then hit the woodwork for the second time in the game with a looping effort that struck the bar as Wroxham piled men forward in search of an equaliser.
And it duly came as Marsden bagged his 13th goal of the season, curling a superb 20 yard effort into the top right hand corner to continue his recent fine form and rescue a point for The Yachtsmen.
Chatham: Kidman, Morath-Gibbs, Benbow, Solly, Potter, McDonagh, Hales, Alderman, Gacheru, May, McCann (Hickey 67'). Subs not used: Crosh, Watson
Wroxham: Tibbles, Marsden, Halliday, Price, Starkings, Harty, Pelka (Sanders 79'), Smith (King 59'), Gordon, Neil (Groves 52'). Subs not used: Svekis, Boswell