Marchant hits eight in City Thirds’ romp
EAST MEN: The milder weather allowed several teams to make an early start to their 2011 programme, catching up on postponed matches.
Pelicans' torrid start to the season continued in Premier B as they crashed 9-1 at Norwich City.
Sibson opened the scoring after only five minutes and it was 2-0 soon after.
Ashton made it three early in the second half and, remarkably Norwich scored another six goals in 20 minutes. Man of the match Horn led the way with five, Ashton bagged a couple, as did youngster Anthony. The visitors scored a late consolation.
Dereham had a busy weekend but found the effort worthwhile. Sam Plater, Mike Timm (3) and Mark Timm were on target in a 5-1 success at Letchworth on Saturday and Sunday brought a 3-2 home win against Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham trailed at the break and again midway through the second half after Will Edwards had equalised. Mark Hunter drag flicked the ball low past the keeper's right to level and the winner came from a penalty flick by Mike Timm after he had been fouled.
In Division Two North, Norwich City II suffered a 4-2 defeat at Ipswich & E Suffolk. Tom Hindle and Matt Brine had put the visitors 2-1 up.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 9 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home
A depleted Norwich Dragons side went down 2-0 at March Town with Ali Smyth man of the match.
Norwich City III went on the goal trail in Division Four North East with a 10-3 hammering of Pelicans II, despite conceding the first goal. Guy Marchant led the reply with an incredible eight-goal haul with the tally completed by Nathan Taylor and Chris Baker.
Kidner struck the only goal of the game to help Norwich City V to victory over Sudbury IV in Division Five North East.
• EAST WOMEN
Norwich Dragons travelled to Saffron Walden in Division One North but, despite battling hard, lost 2-0 to a more organised team.
Goalkeeper Sam Jelliff made some great saves, Rachel Mile gave her usual tenacious performance and Lizzie Willimott was commanding in defence.
In Division Two North, a last-minute short corner was enough for Dereham II to defeat leaders Norwich City.
Norwich Dragons II made the early running at Carlton Park in Division Two North East. But they conceded three late goals on their way to a 5-0 defeat.