Manager Larter not too worried about Wroxham’s poor run
- Credit: Ian Burt
Stewart Larter believes his Wroxham side will recover from their recent slump and keep a grip on their Ryman North play-off position, writes Thomas Crabb.
A 3-2 defeat to Soham Town Rangers made it back-to-back losses for the first time in the league this season, with the Yachtsmen claiming just one win in their last five games. Despite the concerning lack of form, Larter is positive his side can come out the other side of the poor patch, starting with today's trip to Brightlingsea Regent.
The Wroxham boss said: 'We have to look at the overall picture. If you look at the other sides near the top, they've all been through dips at some point and unless you're a really exceptional side, you will go through a period of games where you struggle for results at this level.
'I've talked about our character and ability to bounce back before, and at the end of the day, we've done great to be in the position we are in and I'm sure we can do it again.'
On the flip side, Brightlingsea are enjoying a superb run of form following promotion, with eight wins from nine taking them to 11th.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham welcome back David Hinton for the trip, but will be without striker Nathan Stone who begins his seven-game ban for violent conduct.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000