Mallards get chance for cup revenge
CARTER CUP: Vauxhall Mallards will get the chance to avenge last season's Carter Cup defeat to Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers when the two sides meet at the second round stage later this month.
Wanderers were three-wicket winners at Brundall at the same stage of the competition last season, when overseas star Pite van Biljon smashed an unbeaten 159. This year's showdown promises to be an equally exciting affair, with Wanderers currently top of the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division, while Mallards are leading the way in the East Anglian Premier League.
Swardeston will also be out to put the record straight when they travel to reigning champions Fakenham, who beat them at the semi-final stage last year.
Elsewhere, Sprowston's Simon Chipperfield will face his old club when the Alliance Premier Division side host Great Witchingham.
Carter Cup second round draw: Acle v Stow, Beccles v North Runcton, Downham v Horsford, Fakenham v Swardeston, Mattishall v Hethersett & Tas Valley, Old Buckenham v Norwich, Sprowston v Great Witchingham, Vauxhall Mallards v Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
Lady Mary Trophy second round draw: Hardingham v Swaffham, Diss v Dereham. Bungay and Bradenham both receive byes.
All matches to be played on Sunday, May 29.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock