Mallards get chance for cup revenge
CARTER CUP: Vauxhall Mallards will get the chance to avenge last season's Carter Cup defeat to Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers when the two sides meet at the second round stage later this month.
Wanderers were three-wicket winners at Brundall at the same stage of the competition last season, when overseas star Pite van Biljon smashed an unbeaten 159. This year's showdown promises to be an equally exciting affair, with Wanderers currently top of the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division, while Mallards are leading the way in the East Anglian Premier League.
Swardeston will also be out to put the record straight when they travel to reigning champions Fakenham, who beat them at the semi-final stage last year.
Elsewhere, Sprowston's Simon Chipperfield will face his old club when the Alliance Premier Division side host Great Witchingham.
Carter Cup second round draw: Acle v Stow, Beccles v North Runcton, Downham v Horsford, Fakenham v Swardeston, Mattishall v Hethersett & Tas Valley, Old Buckenham v Norwich, Sprowston v Great Witchingham, Vauxhall Mallards v Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers.
Lady Mary Trophy second round draw: Hardingham v Swaffham, Diss v Dereham. Bungay and Bradenham both receive byes.
All matches to be played on Sunday, May 29.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'