Maisy Riches takes the spoils at Harleston’s junior match
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Angling Club held their second junior match of the season.
Thalia Farrow bagged the first fish, it was a tiddler but the first catch of the evening. Then Jack Farrow caught a carp and pushed Farrow's tiddler aside.
When it came to the weigh in at the end of the match they started with the youngest fisherman James Riches, who managed to bring in 6oz of fish. They then moved on to Jack Farrow (last week's winner) who managed to bag 11lb 13oz which included a 7lb carp.
But Maisy Riches bagged a whopping 47lb, which is the biggest load of fish caught in the two matches so far, she also bagged a 8lb 3oz carp. They then moved on to Harry Elton who bagged 14lb 10oz, which wasn't enough to win, but he did manage to claim second place.
The matches are every Thursday from 6-9.30pm, for more information contact details are on the Weybread fishing website, at www.harlestonanglingclub.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich