Magpies Ladies set to welcome league leaders to Weybread
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies face a tough test tomorrow when they entertain East Conference leaders Wimbledon (2pm).
Magpies will be looking to bounce back from a rare defeat last week when they went down 2-1 at Cambridge City after taking an early lead thorugh Maria Andrews.
There are two familiar names on the Wimbledon team sheet, namely Cherry Seaborn and Lizzie Jones, who both spent many years at Harleston before moving away. Magpies, who go into the game in fourth position, will be without the unavailable Abby Gooderham and the injured Annie Nunn. After the match Debbie Francis, Charlotte Harrison and Louisa Greenacre will be on their way to Gatwick to catch an early morning flight to Jersey to play in the next round of the Over-35s Cup while Rose Winter, captain of the Under-16 team, will be on her way to Stourport to play in the regional finals.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'