Magpies in seventh heaven after successful return
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies started the second half of the East Conference season with a convincing 7-1 win at Northampton Saints.
It wasn't long before Lauren Mickleburgh got on the end of a cross to open the scoring. Shortly afterwards she scored again, diving on the floor to tap the ball home.
Northampton pulled one back from a penalty stroke but it was comfortable again at the break following an excellent finish from Abby Gooderham.
Lauren Rowe, making her debut at this level, soon stretched Magpies' lead with a reverse stick shot and Gooderham stepped up to plate again, firing home after her initial shot had been saved.
After a few missed chances, Victoria Findlay scored after a great run to the back post and it was Maria Andrews and Elizabeth Clymer who linked together for the final goal, passing the ball around the defence and making space for the latter to place the ball into the corner.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub