Magpie Centre shows off first-class facilities
The West Norfolk Riding for the Disabled Association held an open day at the Magpie Centre, Wallington Hall, on Saturday, showcasing the centre's fantastic facilities and the opportunities it provides to disabled riders.
The day was a very successful and entertaining one, with between 150-200 people in attendance.
Freebridge Community Housing grant aided the day, giving the group an opportunity to re-engage with its volunteers, supporters and the local community after having been through a rough patch over the last few months.
Adrian Soskin said of the event: 'The enthusiastic staff, volunteers and pupils had put together a most wonderful show. There were a series of displays, including a musical ride, a demonstration lesson and a demonstration by my wife, Steph and her therapy horse, Oisin. Everyone taking part used the day as 'what I can do' rather than rely on the problems that life sometimes throws at you.
'The culmination of the day was a visit from Pudsey bear, who entertained children and adults alike. To see the enthusiasm on the children's faces was very moving. If one thinks of how successful our Paralympic equestrians were in London 2012 and then to find out how many started life with the RDA, one can see how important this charity is to all of us, both able bodied and those that are not so.'
You may also want to watch:
The Magpie Centre needs help from can-do people. There are a variety of roles that volunteers can play, from practical horse management to administration and from help with children to being somebody that will do anything.
The centre has ambitious plans – to volunteer or find out more email email@example.com or phone Catherine on 01553 801202.
- 1 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 8 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom