Magpie Centre shows off first-class facilities
The West Norfolk Riding for the Disabled Association held an open day at the Magpie Centre, Wallington Hall, on Saturday, showcasing the centre's fantastic facilities and the opportunities it provides to disabled riders.
The day was a very successful and entertaining one, with between 150-200 people in attendance.
Freebridge Community Housing grant aided the day, giving the group an opportunity to re-engage with its volunteers, supporters and the local community after having been through a rough patch over the last few months.
Adrian Soskin said of the event: 'The enthusiastic staff, volunteers and pupils had put together a most wonderful show. There were a series of displays, including a musical ride, a demonstration lesson and a demonstration by my wife, Steph and her therapy horse, Oisin. Everyone taking part used the day as 'what I can do' rather than rely on the problems that life sometimes throws at you.
'The culmination of the day was a visit from Pudsey bear, who entertained children and adults alike. To see the enthusiasm on the children's faces was very moving. If one thinks of how successful our Paralympic equestrians were in London 2012 and then to find out how many started life with the RDA, one can see how important this charity is to all of us, both able bodied and those that are not so.'
You may also want to watch:
The Magpie Centre needs help from can-do people. There are a variety of roles that volunteers can play, from practical horse management to administration and from help with children to being somebody that will do anything.
The centre has ambitious plans – to volunteer or find out more email email@example.com or phone Catherine on 01553 801202.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors