‘We will be giving it a right go’ – Lynn boss calls for support ahead of season opener
- Credit: Archant
The new era at King's Lynn Town starts with a season-opener at The Walks today and new manager Simon Clark has called on the Linnets faithful to help keep the club on track.
Lynn begin their quest to bounce back from their play-off final defeat when they host Biggleswade Town (3pm) in Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Central
Clark's new-look team will be looking for an opening-day win to get their season off to a flying start, with tough away fixtures at Kettering and Tamworth to follow in the first week of the campaign.
'The support of the fans is massive, it's absolutely huge for this football club,' the former Charlton Athletic coach said. 'We've seen in the play-offs from last year the numbers we can get and we want them behind us.
'All I can say is come and watch us and come on the journey with us because we will be giving it a right go.'
You may also want to watch:
Clark has made several changes since succeeding Ian Culverhouse this summer with the likes of former Burnley youth striker Harry Limb, ex-Notts County midfielder Jordan Richards and former Lowestoft centre-back Rory McAuley all coming in.
The Linnets followed up last weekend's final warm-up win, beating Spalding United 2-0, with two tough training sessions under the watchful eye of Clark and his assistants Lee Beevers and Sam Gaughran this week.
- 1 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
Clark, speaking to Lynn's website, added: 'Saturday is about trying to beat Biggleswade and then preparing for Kettering, that's it.'
Biggleswade travel to Norfolk in confident mood following a summer that has seen the arrival of several new signings to Langford Road, including the likes of Peter Clark, Curtis Ujah and Striker Pierre Joseph-Dubois.
The Waders are looking to improve on finishing 16th last season, as well as the three-goal defeat they suffered against the Linnets on their last visit to The Walks.
Meanwhile Lynn Reserves will be looking to build on their winning start to the new season.
On Tuesday evening a brace from Jack Frowhawk secured a 2-1 victory at March Town United. Today they travel to Brewers Green Lane, the home of Diss Town, for a Thurlow Nunn First Division Norfolk derby (3pm).