Linnets add to depleted back line
- Credit: Ian Burt
Tom Ward has returned to The Walks to bolster King's Lynn Town's meagre defensive resources.
Lynn have been struggling with just one recognised centre-half - Rory McAuley - following injuries to Ryan Fryatt and Chris Smith.
Fryatt is due to have an MRI scan next week while Smith still has a cast protecting a damaged elbow and is likely to be out for another month.
Ward goes straight into manager Ian Culverhouse's squad for Saturday's trip to National League North bottom side Bradford Park Avenue.
Ward left The Walks before the start of last season, having turned down an offer by then manager Simon Clark to stay.
You may also want to watch:
He was signed from St Neots towards the end of 2016, and made 62 appearances for the Linnets - including eight as a substitute - scoring six goals. His final appearance was as a substitute in the play-off final defeat by Slough in May, 2018.
Ward went on to join Grantham Town and was voted their player of the season last year.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed