Linnets add to depleted back line
- Credit: Ian Burt
Tom Ward has returned to The Walks to bolster King's Lynn Town's meagre defensive resources.
Lynn have been struggling with just one recognised centre-half - Rory McAuley - following injuries to Ryan Fryatt and Chris Smith.
Fryatt is due to have an MRI scan next week while Smith still has a cast protecting a damaged elbow and is likely to be out for another month.
Ward goes straight into manager Ian Culverhouse's squad for Saturday's trip to National League North bottom side Bradford Park Avenue.
Ward left The Walks before the start of last season, having turned down an offer by then manager Simon Clark to stay.
You may also want to watch:
He was signed from St Neots towards the end of 2016, and made 62 appearances for the Linnets - including eight as a substitute - scoring six goals. His final appearance was as a substitute in the play-off final defeat by Slough in May, 2018.
Ward went on to join Grantham Town and was voted their player of the season last year.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach