King’s Lynn Town pair sign new deals at The Walks
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town defender Chris Smith and midfielder Sonny Carey have agreed new deals with the club.
Director of football Robbie Back said: “Both Sonny and Chris had really good seasons and we’re delighted that they are staying with us.
“Sonny had a particularly pleasing first season at the level, coming off the bench to influence several games, and Smudger was really solid, even after he suffered a really bad injury earlier in the season.
“They are young lads who have good futures in the game. They fit the mould of player we want at this football club.”
Smith and Carey join the trio of Ross Barrows, Rory McAuley and Chris Henderson who penned new contracts before the current campaign was cut short.
Reflecting on the current situation with football and coronavirus, Back said: “It’s all very strange and very unknown at the minute because of the current climate.”
“We’re not rushing into doing anything until we know what league we will be playing in.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
“It’s very difficult for everyone at the club with us now knowing that, but I can assure you that the chairman is doing everything in his power to make sure the club are promoted.
“Saying that, although football has stopped, the management team haven’t and we are planning for both scenarios, if we get promoted and if we stay in the National League North.
“We are still in negotiations with players who are out of contract and unfortunately there might be a couple of them who leave the club in the next week.
“I hope our supporters are staying safe and we look forward to seeing them again very soon.”