Luke Tuttle brace not enough to prevent Dereham Town losing at Romford
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Dereham Town's mixed start to the season continued last night, as the Magpies fell to a 4-2 defeat at Romford.
Matt Henman's side have now won two home games but lost two away in the early stages of the season.
The home team were 2-0 in front thanks to two goals in four minutes from Jack Barry and increased their lead just two minutes after the restart when Ryan Imbert netted.
Luke Tuttle then pulled one back for Dereham but Jay Eastoe-Smith was sent off in the 82nd minute and Paul Clayton made it 4-1 to Romford from the penalty spot shortly after.
Striker Tuttle then scored his fourth goal in two games with a penalty of his own with two minutes remaining but it was too little too late for the Magpies.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Reserves were in Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division action at Aldiss Park, beating Downham Town 3-2.
But Fakenham Town's FA Cup dreams are over, losing their extra preliminary round replay 1-0 at home against Newmarket Town.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week