Luke Tuttle brace not enough to prevent Dereham Town losing at Romford
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Dereham Town's mixed start to the season continued last night, as the Magpies fell to a 4-2 defeat at Romford.
Matt Henman's side have now won two home games but lost two away in the early stages of the season.
The home team were 2-0 in front thanks to two goals in four minutes from Jack Barry and increased their lead just two minutes after the restart when Ryan Imbert netted.
Luke Tuttle then pulled one back for Dereham but Jay Eastoe-Smith was sent off in the 82nd minute and Paul Clayton made it 4-1 to Romford from the penalty spot shortly after.
Striker Tuttle then scored his fourth goal in two games with a penalty of his own with two minutes remaining but it was too little too late for the Magpies.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Reserves were in Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division action at Aldiss Park, beating Downham Town 3-2.
But Fakenham Town's FA Cup dreams are over, losing their extra preliminary round replay 1-0 at home against Newmarket Town.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler