Lowestoft Town to rest players for Leiston visit
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Lowestoft Town director of football Craig Fleming admits he will be looking to 'mix and match' his side when the Blues welcome Leiston in the third round of the Robert Dyas League Cup third round.
Fleming has made no secret of the fact the league is the club's priority this season and with a small squad he can't afford to risk injury to any of his key players.
'It will be a mix and match side,' said Fleming, whose side were impressive in seeing off Margate at the weekend. 'We are desperate to keep playing and keep winning games but we can't afford to pick up too many injuries.
'It's a good chance to give a few of the younger lads a run-out and they didn't let anyone down in the last round against Heybridge.'
Curtley Williams is likely to feature after serving a one-match suspension against Margate but there will be no place for Michael Frew, who has joined St Neots on loan.
You may also want to watch:
'Frewy has gone there to get some games,' added Fleming. 'We will wait and see what happens after that.'
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain