Lowestoft Town seal Suffolk Premier Cup progress with victory at Haverhill
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Lowestoft Town remain on course to retain the Suffolk Premier Cup after a 4-2 win at Haverhill Rovers saw the Blues progress to the semi-finals.
Two goals from Shaun Bammant, a Jack Ainsley penalty and an own goal led the Trawlerboys to victory and set up a semi-final at Bury Town for the 12-time winners.
The line-up for the Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-finals was also confirmed last night.
Wroxham won 4-1 at home against lower-level Great Yarmouth, setting up another home tie for the holders, against King's Lynn Reserves.
Nathan Stone, Michael Sommerfield and Ollie Ebbage all scored in the first half for the Yachtsmen and Sommerfield added his second after Connor Deeks had reduced the deficit for Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
While Gorleston will host Thetford after winning 3-2 at home against Fakenham, despite going down to 10 men during the second half.
The other ties will see Norwich United host Acle United and Dereham Town head to Spixworth.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed