Lowestoft Town seal Suffolk Premier Cup progress with victory at Haverhill
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Lowestoft Town remain on course to retain the Suffolk Premier Cup after a 4-2 win at Haverhill Rovers saw the Blues progress to the semi-finals.
Two goals from Shaun Bammant, a Jack Ainsley penalty and an own goal led the Trawlerboys to victory and set up a semi-final at Bury Town for the 12-time winners.
The line-up for the Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-finals was also confirmed last night.
Wroxham won 4-1 at home against lower-level Great Yarmouth, setting up another home tie for the holders, against King's Lynn Reserves.
Nathan Stone, Michael Sommerfield and Ollie Ebbage all scored in the first half for the Yachtsmen and Sommerfield added his second after Connor Deeks had reduced the deficit for Yarmouth.
While Gorleston will host Thetford after winning 3-2 at home against Fakenham, despite going down to 10 men during the second half.
The other ties will see Norwich United host Acle United and Dereham Town head to Spixworth.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack