Lowestoft Town re-sign star forward
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2013
Lowestoft Town have swooped to re-sign Lee Smith from Biggleswade Town.
The 25-year-old left Crown Meadow in November last year due to personal circumstances, which have now changed, and the Blues have wasted little time in bringing the winger back to Lowestoft.
Smith goes straight into the starting line-up to face Oxford City at home this afternoon, kick-off 3pm, and joint boss Ady Gallagher was delighted to bring the player 'home'.
'We never wanted him to leave - it was only due to his personal circumstances that he left in the first place. Those have now been resolved and we are delighted to have him back,' said Gallagher with Lowestoft completing the necessary paperwork on Saturday morning to complete the move. 'He was very keen to come back to us and you always want players who are desperate to play for you. It probably feels like home for him.
'He is very versatile and can play anywhere across the front line. He knows what we expect at this club and he was a very popular figure amongst supporters when he was here before.
You may also want to watch:
'He was in great form for us just before he left and we are hoping he can hit the ground running again.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park