Lowestoft Town re-sign star forward
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2013
Lowestoft Town have swooped to re-sign Lee Smith from Biggleswade Town.
The 25-year-old left Crown Meadow in November last year due to personal circumstances, which have now changed, and the Blues have wasted little time in bringing the winger back to Lowestoft.
Smith goes straight into the starting line-up to face Oxford City at home this afternoon, kick-off 3pm, and joint boss Ady Gallagher was delighted to bring the player 'home'.
'We never wanted him to leave - it was only due to his personal circumstances that he left in the first place. Those have now been resolved and we are delighted to have him back,' said Gallagher with Lowestoft completing the necessary paperwork on Saturday morning to complete the move. 'He was very keen to come back to us and you always want players who are desperate to play for you. It probably feels like home for him.
'He is very versatile and can play anywhere across the front line. He knows what we expect at this club and he was a very popular figure amongst supporters when he was here before.
You may also want to watch:
'He was in great form for us just before he left and we are hoping he can hit the ground running again.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon