Lowestoft Town postpone supporters meeting to explain financial crisis
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Lowestoft Town have postponed Thursday night's scheduled meeting with supporters.
The meeting had been arranged to put fans fully in the picture over the cash crisis that has recently engulfed the Blues.
However, the club want more time to gather information before explaining the situation at the Amber Dew Events Stadium.
'The club can confirm that tonight's scheduled meeting with the supporters has been postponed.
'After speaking with key individuals and consulting fans, we felt we needed more time to gather more information to give a clearer picture of the situation to you - the fans.
You may also want to watch:
'It has taken more time to gather everything together than we first thought. We planned to lay out the information we currently have including specifics on supplier invoices, wages, ownership of the land along with other costs which a lot of supporters were interested in.
'However, we believe the full picture wouldn't be given out tonight after all due to information we are still awaiting.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
'Once we have this information, a full presentation will be made and the club will release a new date for a supporters meeting.