Lowestoft Town miss chance of going top of Rymans League with defeat at Kingstonian
Kingstonian 2, Lowestoft Town 0: Lowestoft Town missed an opportunity to move to the top of the Ryman League Premier Division when one of their games in hand brought them a defeat at Kingsmeadow on Monday night.
The setback still leaves the Trawlerboys just two points behind leaders Billericay with two games in hand.
But it was generally a night to forget for the men from Suffolk as they not only finished second best but had Andrew Fisk, pictured, sent off for a second yellow card offence midway through the second half.
Lowestoft were forced to make three changes from Saturday's 2-1 home win over Wealdstone with Jake Jessup taking over from Andy Reynolds in goal and Erkan Okay and Matt Nolan also included.
The match began at a high tempo with K's looking the sharper of the two sides.
You may also want to watch:
They took the lead in the 29th minute when Matt Pattison broke down the right and crossed for Ryan Woods, a new signing from US team Minnesota Stars, to volley home at the far post.
Lowestoft came close to an equaliser in the 55th minute when Nolan's 30 yard drive crashed against the bar. But the dismissal of Fisk strengthened the home team's hold on the match and they made it 2-0 in the final minute when substitute Bobby Traynor raced clear to shoot past Jessup.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
• Lowestoft: Jessup, Okay, Smith, Fisk, Crane, Mitchell, Guentchev (Forshaw 66), Eagle, Nolan, Henderson, Francis (Ainsley 46). Subs not used: Gaughran, Hodd, Fleming.
• Attendance: 294.